New Episode! Still riding high from their recent events, Danielle and Ani celebrate their 100th episode of the Big Money Stylist podcast! Do you take the time to pause and look back at where you used to be versus where you currently are? If you don’t, then how will you ever know where you’re headed?
Point #1: Work Less, Make More
- Danielle always pictured NBR as a tool to double and triple an artist’s income because she was able to do that herself working three days a week behind the chair, while also being a wife and mom. Her pitch? “Hey, enjoy life! And make great money doing it!”
- Artists often send screenshots of their earnings to Ani, showing comparisons of last yeas with income with their current income. The numbers are impressive! Recent messages have shown that artists inside of DKW Academy are doubling and tripling their income. One artist even quintupled her income!
Ask Yourself: What story do your screenshots tell?
Point #2: Where Were You Last Year?
- Danielle: When I look back at how far we’ve come in a year, I feel more focused and clear. I feel stronger than ever knowing that what we’re doing matters, and also have a clear vision and path for what I want to do. If you can’t look at where you were, you don’t know where you’re going to go.
- Student-wise, there was a little bit of chaos last year with shit flying everywhere. “Fast forward to today, and 100% of our Mastermind students are going to be in the DKW Academy, “remarks Ani. “That tells me this is working!”
Ask Yourself: Where were you last year at this time?
Point #3: Certification
- DKW Academy no longer certifies artists for life like they used to. In the hair industry, many states do not require continuing education. You pay the fee, and you’re good to go, year after year, even if you haven’t spent much time doing hair.
- Even if you live in a state that requires continuing education hours, it doesn’t mean you’re getting top-notch, hands-on training. You can pretty much pay the fee, show up for some classes, and call it good, even if you’re fucking around on Instagram the entire time.
Ask Yourself: Do you go all in on life or do you tend to “fuck around on Instagram?”
Point #4: Where Is Your Focus?
- Dannielle: I see a lot of people focusing on and worrying about things that they shouldn’t be worrying about right now. They’re just not there yet. Why do you think ten steps ahead?”
- “Guess what. The person you’re going to be ten steps ahead is not even going to give a shit about the problems you currently face. Those problems are going to seem SO minute! Problems you thought were big won’t even be on your radar. You need to trust the process and trust your gut.”
Ask Yourself: Where is YOUR focus?
Point #5: Turning Points
- Ani: We are coming to the end of a decade. Ten years ago, I was a newly licensed nineteen-year-old baby. Danielle: I was a mom of one and doing hair extensions one day a week, making the same amount of money that my sister was making working three days a week. It was about that time I began taking it more seriously.
- Ani: 3 1/2 years ago, in 2016, I started doing BMS. I was 26 and still working two jobs seven days a week. I had been doing NBR for about a year. Nine months later, I hit $15k a month. About five months into BMS, I realized I didn’t need to be working two jobs anymore.
Ask Yourself: What were you doing ten years ago?
Quote of the Week:
“If you can look back month-by-month or even week-by-week and figure out how to course-correct, that’s how you get HUGE results in your business. What if you had monthly and weekly targets, and you were constantly course-correcting based on those targets?”
—Danielle K White
“It’s so hard to gain perspective about how much you’ve accomplished if you’re not willing to look back.”