*New Episode* Danielle and Ani are joined in the studio by baby Isla in this new episode of the Big Money Stylist, and have a conversation about the importance of surrounding yourself with those who are excited about your growth & success, and describe some of the exciting highlights of the new DKW Styling Academy coming in 2020.
Point #1: Good Vibes
- The vibe inside of your salon is SO important. If it’s a happy place where clients feel welcomed and at home, and where the artists genuinely get along and love working together, it’s going to make an impression on your clientele, and it’s going to affect their overall experience.
- Everybody would rather go to a salon where the artists love their job and create a fun atmosphere than a salon where catfights and negative vibes permeate. A great experience for the client births repeat business.
Ask Yourself: How is the vibe in your salon or suite? What could you do to improve it?
Point #2: Mindset
- There are some artists who just want to learn the NBR method without delving into the business aspect or the ever-important mindset. Danielle used to be the same way, having an attitude of, “I just want to do hair and have a margarita.”
- These days, she and Ani are life coaches inside their educational programs and know what a vital role mindset plays in an artist’s life.
Ask Yourself: What do you do on a regular basis to work on and improve your mindset?
Point #3: DKW Styling Academy
- One of the exciting announcements of 2020 is the launch of the DKW Styling Academy where artists can expect more structure and where they will learn and work at their own pace and abilities, while at the same time progress to the next phase.
- Danielle: With the way the academy is structured, I feel like we’re setting people up to win. Before it was like we had a bucket of content, and people tended to get overwhelmed. Even with the weekly trainings where we’re pouring our hearts out and adding a ton of value, if you’re not ready to hear what were telling you, you’ll get overwhelmed, and you won’t be able to apply it..
Ask Yourself: What are you most looking forward to about the DKW Styling Academy?
Point #4: Your Legacy
- Ani: At the end of the day, if Danielle and I do our job and what we’re so passionate about – and if we do it correctly – the students aren’t here forever. Our goal is to have them so confident in the art and have their business so structured & strong that it can actually work without them. That’s what creates a legacy.
- You’re going to get a ton of training about all things NBR, about life, and also about the technical aspect which is a HUGE part of the business, especially in today’s over-saturated market.
Ask Yourself: Are you willing to invest in yourself to create a legacy?
Point #5: Get In Alignment
- Danielle: We’re always so worried and concerned about what other people think about us. The reality is, nobody really cares about you. They’re really more interested in themselves. So… get out of your own way.
- I always tell people to have tunnel vision, know your goals, and align yourself with people that have the same values as you do. And when those values don’t align, don’t be afraid to find yourself a new group or a new tribe that will align with you in the direction you want to go, and with what your values are.
Ask Yourself: What is the current state of your alignment? Is it serving you & propelling you forward, or is it slowing you down?
Quote of the Week:
“Tune out the noise, be accountable to yourself, and just go with your gut.”
—Danielle K White
“Look, you can’t be pissed at the people who are taking from you if you keep willingly give. Stop giving that much. You can’t be pissed at your client for coming in on a Saturday if you let her. It’s up to you at the end of the day.”