Do you ever feel like you’re constantly worrying about the next part of your life, but then you realize you’re smack dab in the middle of what you used to look forward to? Join Danielle and Ani as they have a lively conversation around the topic of gratitude in this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist.
Point #1: Recognize the Wins
- Danielle: If I could rewind to just three years ago and see me now, I’d be like, “Oh my God! I did it! I made it!”
- If you don’t stop to have gratitude for who you are or how far you’ve come, you will become a miserable, unhappy person. Inside of that energy, the ability to create and expand is severely diminished.
Ask Yourself: In this moment, what is one thing you’re grateful for?
Point #2: Things Aren’t What They Seem
- The problem with social media is that most people tend to only post the highlight reel of their life, which gives a false impression of the way their life really is.
- Inside of that world, it is so easy to get triggered by what we see as we’re scrolling, which can easily throw us off our game..
Ask Yourself: When is the last time you posted a scene from your life that wasn’t from your highlight reel? What’s stopping you from doing that?
Point #3: The Drama Club
- When people are on the prowl for drama, they don’t always realize they’re being sucked into it. It makes you wonder what else they could be doing with their time, and what amazing things could they be creating.
- Find something in your life that gives you purpose, something that isn’t drama-driven. Ultimately, drama doesn’t serve you or make you happy. And, it trickles down into every aspect of your life.
Ask Yourself: Are you queen of the drama club in your life? How is that really working out for you?
Point #4: What Triggers You?
- Was it a bad day, or was it a bad two minutes that you stretched into a whole day? What are you paying attention to? What triggers you?
- What are you focusing your energy on? There was a time when Danielle was a slave to her workout routine, so much so that if she didn’t get her workout in for the day, she became Monster Mommy.
Ask Yourself: What are some of the things that trigger you and send you into the land of Monster Mommy?
Point #5: Gratitude & Intentions
- Ani: Every morning when I wake up, I write down something in my journal that I’m grateful for. I also set an intention for the day.
- Sometimes my intention is creation, space, or freedom, while other times it’s just letting the day unfold as it will. Starting my morning like this always puts me in a good frame of mind.
Ask Yourself: What are the daily rituals and habits that set you up for your day?
Quote of the Week:
“We can’t rewrite history, so the time you invest THEN, matters now. It’s important to take moments where you have that quality time with others so that you can live a life where you feel like you’re having moments that matter.”
— Danielle K White
“I LOVE what you just said that social media isn’t free. You pay for everything in your life one way or another, and not necessarily with money. You pay for it with time and with energy, and that’s massive, which I don’t think most people realize.”
— Anianne Rivera