Salon life sounds like it would be so mellow but…no! It’s insane! It’s the most dramatic shit show you’ve ever seen behind the chair! And the ladies have the stories to prove it! Whether you’re part of salon tribe or not, Danielle & Ani want to hear YOUR stories – your crazy, inspirational, ‘what the fuck’ moments. Send them to email@example.com. Who knows? You may be one of the lucky ones who gets pulled in as a surprise guest on a future episode!
Point #1: Mindfucked & Overwhelmed!
- When you hear the world mindfucked, what does it mean to you? For Danielle, “It’s when your mind just shuts down and becomes paralyzed. And oftentimes, it means that you’re probably headed in the right direction.”
- For Ani, “It’s totally insane or out of this world. It also translates into business where you are at the point of I can’t fucking do this, it’s insane, crazy, out of my league, what the hell…”
Ask Yourself: How do you define mindfucked?
Point #2: Video Tips For Mom
- Danielle’s mom is in real estate and recently came to Danielle asking questions about videos & funnels. She’s been asked by her company to interview clients and feels a little weird about the logistics of setting up a tripod for the interviews.
- “The biggest mistake I see people make when starting to do videos and create more content is that they act too professional and stiff, which comes across as inauthentic – more like a CNN scenario than a casual conversation – which doesn’t allow your viewers to connect with you.”
Ask Yourself: What can you do to make your videos more personable and less inauthentic?
Point #3: The Funnel Game
- Danielle went on to explain to her mother the benefits of having a funnel where you provide “free content and value through video that helps people to get to know you and your personality… and where you ask for their email.”
- Danielle’s mother was intrigued – with an added dash of mindfucked, overwhelm, & lightbulb moments – as Danielle went on to describe in more detail the results of her funnels, as well as the ins and outs of creating and publishing video content – which happens to be a total game changer in the world of hair, initiated by BMS.
Ask Yourself: Have you started playing the funnel game yet? If not, what’s one thing you could begin doing today to ultimately create your funnel?
Point #4: More Than a Pretty Picture
- A lot of artists believe that posting a pretty picture on Instagram is all it’s going to take to attract business when it comes to their advertising. But the complete saturation in the marketplace tells a different story.
- Danielle: You can’t just have pretty pictures anymore…you CAN’T. People are more likely to come to you if they see a video of you and if they feel comfortable and confident with you. You don’t have to have a million fucking models on your Instagram anymore.”
Ask Yourself: What results have you noticed with the implementation of more content in addition to pretty before and after photos in your social media accounts?
Point #5: What’s Your Vibe?
- “I don’t care if someone is super chummy, but what I do care about is weird energy.” Danielle described an experience she had with an older artist in a different salon where “the outcome wasn’t bad, but I was so disappointed in her energy and the experience.”
- “On the other hand, I had someone blow out my hair that was super cute, she didn’t talk much, her energy was good, she was happy to be there…and the curls sucked ass! But I still tipped her 30%. I looked like Farah Fawcett but the girl had the best energy and I didn’t care what my curls looked like!”
Ask Yourself: What can you do to ensure that the vibe in your salon is on point?
Quote of the Week:
“Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed! Sometimes your content is going to be fuckin’ stellar, and other times it’s just going to be ok. But it’s better to be consistent than to not do anything at all.”
—Danielle K White
“You need to slow down to go faster. I swear to God, the faster you try to go some days, the slower it’s going to make you because you start jacking shit up!”