Whether it’s cars, boob jobs, or hair extensions, trust is HUGE when it comes to both consumers and professionals. Join Danielle & Ani as they have a spicy conversation on this hot topic in this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist.
Point #1: Pretty Little Liars
- No matter what you are purchasing, as a consumer, you put your trust in the professional to provide what they say they will be providing.
- There are artists playing the game of bait & switch, luring clients under the guise of providing NBR, yet providing anything but that.
Ask Yourself: What has been your experience with this, either as one who was baited or the one setting the bait?
Point #2: “Oh, I Just Do Hair”
- Many artists come to BMS because they’re sick and tired of being looked at like a fucking joke, a common problem in the hair industry.
- If you want to be taken seriously, though, you have to take yourself seriously. That comes through constant practice and proper education.
Ask Yourself: What can you do to improve the way you view yourself?
Point #3: Tracking the Right Numbers
- When it comes to marketing and social media, you might have a huge following, but what are your actual numbers when it comes to income?
- Ani: I had less than 1500 followers and was making $20k per month. Anything can be done with proper marketing and advertising.
Ask Yourself: Are you running the same shit show and just gaining popularity without filling up your bank account?
Point #4: Stay in Integrity
- Whatever service or product you’re offering, you must stay in integrity.
- Danielle: Sadly, we’re at that point where people will say anything to get people in the door.
Ask Yourself: What are you doing & saying to get people in the door and in your chair?
Point #5: Consistency
- Danielle & Ani hold the vision of the brand going international, and with that, the integrity of the brand must remain intact.
- Because NBR is a very specific niche inside of the hair extension world, they are currently creating a manual with very specific verbiage and how-to’s for their trainers, thus assuring consistency within the brand internationally.
Ask Yourself: Where inside your world as an artist would consistency benefit you or your salon?
Quote of the Week:
“I’m going to challenge all of you to stop putting one foot in the door, and instead commit, make it happen, and then see what happens for you in your business and in your life.”
—Danielle K White
“I’m going to have you consider that one crazy client every rare moment… you met a crazy client. But, if you feel like you have crazy clients all the time, you might be the crazy one!”