Welcome to the Big Money Stylist Podcast with co-hosts Danielle K White and Anianne Rivera. The conversation inside this week’s episode includes the importance of taking a stand in your life and also explores the ten top reasons why people don’t start something (business or project) even after feeling inspired to do so.
Point #1: SELF DOUBT
- Ani: When it comes to a dream or idea that you’ve always wanted to accomplish, it’s so freaking scary that instead of immediately thinking ‘I got it’ the first thought is usually ‘I can’t do that!’
- When Garrett suggested to Danielle that she start a brand, what initially held her back was that the idea of a brand didn’t even live in the realm of possibility for her. “I could be inspired by others but never once considered it for myself.”
Ask Yourself: In what area of your life do you tend to experience the most self-doubt?
Point #2: I DON’T HAVE TIME
- Danielle: The lazier I get, the less I’ll do, but if I’m super busy, the more likely I am to MAKE time. The thing is, there’s always time; it’s just a matter of prioritizing what to choose to do with that time. It’s a matter of consolidating and prioritizing and deciding what will push you forward, and what you value the most.
- As professional businesswomen with massive amounts of responsibility on their plates, Danielle and Ani have chosen to prioritize their life to include the things that are most important to them, including family time and time for themselves.
Ask Yourself: What can you do to prioritize your time in order to make room for what’s most important to you?
Point #3: WHERE DO I START?
- When you’re beginning a project or wanting to start a business, it can seem so overwhelming in the beginning as you think about everything that you need to do, which stops many people from moving forward. And many women think that committing to something will take time away from their children, which is the opposite of what they want.
- Ani: Just because you have children, it doesn’t mean that you have to be with them – or that they even want to be with you – 24/7. Danielle: You can commit to being a mom AND doing something else. It all comes down to a choice.
Ask Yourself: What have you been considering doing as a mom with kids but have been putting it off?
Point #4: TARGETS & PASSIONS
- Danielle: If you look at the big picture, which is a year’s worth of goals and targets, you’ve got to remember that you’re not going to accomplish these in a week. If you think that way, you’ll go nuts. The key is creating calendars and then setting realistic goals and targets each month, one week at a time.
- Ani: A lot of people have these big ideas and dreams of things they would love to do. But if it’s not your passion, that’s going to make it a thousand times harder. I’ve been here for eighteen months and yet it feels like I’ve been here for five years. The more moves you make – and the quicker you’re willing to make them – the faster that timeline moves.
Ask Yourself: What is one thing you can do today to begin creating realistic targets towards your dreams?
Point #5: LACK OF CONSISTENCY
- Throughout their careers, both Danielle and Ani have learned that staying consistent has been the key to their success. The thing to remember though is this: when you’re starting out at something, you’re going to be shitty. That’s just how it is.
- Danielle: It’s hard to be passionate about staying consistent when you know you suck at what you’re doing. But it’s through consistency that, over time, you realize how far you’ve come, eventually becoming an expert in your field.
Ask Yourself: Where in your world do you lack consistency?
Quote of the Week:
“Don’t underestimate the small consistencies on a daily basis that can ultimately create huge wins in your life.”
—Danielle K White
“You just have to make a decision. Are you going to let these reasons hold you back? Or, are you going to acknowledge that you have no idea how you’re going to accomplish your dream… and then ask yourself, ‘What’s the first thing I need to do?’ Do that. Then take it step by step.”