Welcome to the Date Your Wife podcast, aka the White’s weekly therapy session, coming to you for the first time from their new home studio. In this week’s personal and up close conversation from inside their bedroom, the highlights of this episode include details about Closet Sex, Garrett’s tendency to go to the extreme, the purpose behind this podcast, and business strategies when it comes to dealing with the haters.
Every week inside the Date Your Wife Podcast, married couple Danielle K. White and Garrett J. White share insights and perspectives from within their own lives regarding Sex, Money, Parenting & Communication.
In this week’s episode of the Date Your Wife Podcast, our Focus is COMMUNICATION!
Point #1: Closet Sex
- Danielle’s certain she has nailed down the exact time and place of conception of their baby due in July.
- Knowing her ‘window of pregnancy opportunity’ was wide open, and determined to take full advantage of it, she seduced Garrett one morning as he was on his way out the door.
Ask Yourself: Ladies, when and where was the last time you seduced your husband or partner?
Point #2: Rivals & Haters
- Any successful business is always going to have rivals and haters. When you’re new in the game, you take it very seriously and it can be crippling.
- Garrett: Inside of a relationship, you have to choose you. At the end of the day, if you’re in a relationship that’s not working out, as hard as it might be, you have to take responsibility for the way your marriage is because of you.
Ask Yourself: What has been your experience with the “haters” inside of your personal and business life?
Point #3: Compromise
- Danielle: When there’s an end result that I’m looking to get, sometimes I don’t look at the steps I need to take in order to get to that end result.
- A relationship is a sacrifice and compromise on both ends. There were many times Garrett and I told each other to fuck off. No one goes into a relationship wishing it was shitty.
Ask Yourself: What is the current state of your marriage?
Point #4: They’re Going to Talk Shit
- Garrett: We started down this path of being responsible for our own change as individuals which allowed us to make some very important decisions when it came to business.
- Part of that process comes from dealing with people who talk shit. In the beginning stage of business, we always believe we’re the exception and that there is something we can do that will have people NOT talk shit about us.
Ask Yourself: What is your strategy for dealing with people who talk shit about you or your business?
Point #5: The Certainty of Collision
- Garrett: I think you need to fucking punch people because it helps YOU. When I launched my first podcast filled with explicit lyrics in the Christian category, I was like a knife salesman at a waterbed convention.
- People began attacking Garrett and were out to take him down. Even though he knew he had brought this on himself, he wasn’t prepared for the incessant heat he was receiving. As he launched his counter-attack on the haters, it began to weaponize him.
Ask Yourself: Where in your world have you taken a stand for something, and because of that, have you have received enormous backlash and persecution?
Have a conversation around this topic: It’s your partner that gives you insight and guidance that no one else will give you; it’s your partner that gives you a swift kick, and it’s hard to receive.
Date Night Topic:
On your next Date Night, have a steamy conversation about seduction.
Quote of the Week:
“You don’t have to go looking for haters. The moment you take a stand of any significance, a war of haters will come to your front fucking door who are there to train you on how to be able to effectively and powerfully collide with other human beings.”
-Garrett J. White
“If you can’t take the heat, you’re not strong enough to keep going. People who have had enormous amounts of success have figured out how to move on, say fuck you, have tunnel vision, work harder and smarter, and become the best at what they’re doing.”
-Danielle K. White