On the heels of a wildly successful BMS Convention, Danielle and Coach Ani are back in the studio having a candid conversation about Production in this week’s episode of Big Money Stylist, which continues to top the charts as the #1 podcast in the category of Fashion & Beauty in iTunes.
Inside the Big Money Stylist Podcast, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist Podcast, our Focus is PRODUCTION!
Point #1: Production = Action
- Coach Ani: Production is doing the actual work that’s required in order to move forward. We love that you’re listening to us, but it doesn’t actually count as ‘the work.’ The work is what you do behind and in front of the chair to grow your business, not just listening to a podcast.
- Danielle: Many people tell us how motivating we are, yet if you’re not actually doing the work, it doesn’t matter that we make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. A lot of people will tell me they’ve changed their mindset, yet you have to have the work to follow up with.
Ask Yourself: What does Production mean to you?
Point #2: The Choice
- Danielle: BMSCon 2 was so amazing and was filled with so much good insanity. I launched my brand seven years ago and didn’t really take it seriously until the last two years. I literally want to impact the entire industry.
- Coach Ani: To think this all started with you, Danielle. We had 350 artists inside of one room to learn NBR and to learn business systems and processes – and this all started with you making one choice 7 years ago.
Ask Yourself: Looking back, what is one choice you have made that has entirely changed your life?
Point #3: Reps Bring Success
- Danielle: We can only teach what we have experienced. You have to be willing to put in the work. I used to be that asshole who thought that all I needed was a new camera lens, then I’d be an amazing photographer. That’s a starting point, but first, you have to actually commit, which is the biggest thing we stress at the events.
- You have to throw yourself in the mix and know that part of that is fucking it up, learning from that, and moving on. You can’t put a price tag on experience and reps. We always tell our students – just get some reps under your belt with NBR, marketing, and photography.
Ask Yourself: What one area of your life could use more reps?
Point #4: Do the Work
- Coach Ani: We’re not here to save you, we’re here to help and guide and push you. The path has been paved. There are so many people that have walked that path and have succeeded. There’s proof. But if you have to be willing to do the work.
- Danielle: You have to let go of your ego and submit to whoever the teacher is at that moment. If you’re taking a class and submit to the process, you will learn and grow more as an individual. You just will. I’m here, I’m going to do the work, I’m going to submit to the process, even when your ego steps in. If you submit, you will be successful.
Ask Yourself: What area in your life are you committed to doing the work consistently? What are the results you want to achieve in that area?
Point #5: Grant Yourself Permission
- Danielle: Once we saw the amount of work both of our businesses had done, we knew it was doable, but we had to give ourselves permission to say, “This is the new version of me, we’re not going back.” It forces you to level up your life even more.
- Ani: I used to think how cool it would be to have a convertible and drive it up and down PCH. That’s all I ever wanted. I saw the Mazaradi, my dream car and I had this conversation with myself, “You can’t do that, that’s insane.” Then I said, “Wait, why can’t I? I work hard, I live by the beach, this is what I’ve always wanted, don’t I deserve it? Yes, you fucking do.”
Ask Yourself: What is something you need to give yourself permission to do?
Quote of the Week:
“When you’re put in a place where ‘it’s on me,’ I believe most people will rise. It’s crazy for me to think how unwilling we are as human beings to put ourselves in situations where we can rise, and step out of fear of failure.”
“The life I lead now is such a reflection of the amount of work I put into everything.”
Stay Tuned for Next Week’s Topic….PROFIT!