Danielle and her team have an in-depth and enlightening conversation around the topic of Capacity in this week’s episode of Big Money Stylists, where the ladies share personal stories and experiences that have expanded their capacity as women and Artists.
Inside the Big Money Stylist Podcast, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist Podcast, our Focus is POWER!
Point #1: The Next Natural Step
- Danielle: We are capable of so much more than we allow ourselves. Once we push through a certain threshold, all of a sudden what was scary becomes the new norm. You change your capacity as a human being by being willing to put yourself in the right direction and throw yourself in front of the fire, learn and grow from it and continue to move on.
- Coach Val: When you’re willing to get out of your comfort zone and keep pushing through your threshold, it’s like the next natural step, a natural progression. Taking a step each day furthers your capacity to take on more and more in the name of growing to become a better version of yourself.
Ask Yourself: How do you personally push through thresholds?
Point #2: Triggers
- Danielle: We can be triggered when someone says or does something and it just drives you nuts. Maybe it’s something about the “old you” and you just don’t want to go back there. If I don’t want to be that person, how do I step out of my comfort zone and become the newer, better version of myself? With triggers, you have to learn how to deal with them because triggers cause you to lose your power and you are no longer standing in the highest version of yourself.
- Coach Ani: What are you being triggered by and how are you responding to those triggers? Are you shrinking back and immediately going to a smaller version of yourself, or are you pushing forward to make your bucket bigger; to grow, expand and make your capacity even more, so that you can continue pushing through?
Ask Yourself: How do you respond to triggers?
Point #3: Growing or Shrinking?
- Coach Ani: Inside of DKW and BMS, we have such a large capacity that we are always pushing ourselves towards constant growth. Coach Val: When I’m around Coach Ani or Danielle, I want to play to the biggest version of myself because their capacity is inspiring to me. I always want to level up and not be left behind.
- Danielle: When we train people and hold space for people to grow, it allows them to become who they were meant to be. When you’re training someone, you want to hold the frame for them to enable them to grow withyou. You have to have everybody moving in an upward motion.
Ask Yourself: How can you contribute to an environment of growth in your personal and business relationships?
Point #4: From I Can’t to I Can
- Danielle: People inside the network put walls up and say, “I can’t fathom this.” It’s achieved in baby steps. Just entertain the idea and from there, see what happens. I feel women, especially, tend to have to have the whole thing mapped out from A-Z before taking action, which is why a lot of women get overwhelmed and say “I can’t.”
- Coach Ani: I feel like I’ve said those words, too. I’m not *that* person to do that, that’s for somebody else. If I keep telling myself it’s for somebody else, I’m somebody else for somebody else. I can be an inspiration to show someone else, but I have to get my head out of my ass and just do it.
Ask Yourself: What are you saying “I can’t” to in your life? Step back from that and simply entertain the thought of “I can” and see what happens.
Point #5: Baby Steps
- Coach Val: For me it’s all about baby steps. I’m going to do this and see where this takes me. I say yes, do it scared and just keep doing little baby steps even if I don’t have everything planned out.
- Danielle: All we have to do is entertain the thought and take baby steps, and the next thing you know you have a different life and you’re a different person. It’s so silly that we play small. Once we begin opening each new door, I’m still me but look how much I’ve learned and grown.
Ask Yourself: What door is right in front of you that you are afraid to step through?
Quote of the Week:
“I had always felt like I wasn’t a speaker or a trainer – that I was just little shy Danielle – until I attended a Tony Robbins event a couple of years ago. The turning point for me came when he introduced himself: “Hi. I’m Tony Robbins and I created this shit.” It got me thinking about what I could create in my life, and who I could become, realizing that I’m the one who gets to create whatever I want in my life.”
“If you hear that little tiny whisper in your head, listen to that guy because he’s going to get louder. The sooner you listen to it – the sooner you start taking your steps and start growing – the sooner your capacity is going to grow and you’re going to become that bigger, better version of yourself.”
“For me – moving from the midwest to Cali – my first step was: if you were going to do it, where would you live? What would that look like? What else would I need? I literally took it step by step because I am *that* person. I want to have the whole alphabet plus 4 extra numbers at the end and then Plan B on top of it.”
Stay Tuned for Next Week’s Topic….PRODUCTION!