The dynamic duo of Garrett J and Danielle K White hold nothing back in this week’s Date Your Wife podcast where they tackle the topic of Communication while candidly exploring the pros and cons of alcohol use in their marriage, the seemingly magical power women have over men, and how wearing frumpy lulu sweat pants and 40 pounds of excess fat around your mid section sends a clear message to your spouse that you don’t give a shit.
Every week inside the Date Your Wife Podcast, married couple Danielle K. White and Garrett J. White share insights and perspectives from within their own lives regarding Sex, Money, Parenting & Communication.
In this week’s episode of the Date Your Wife Podcast, our Focus is COMMUNICATION!
Point #1: Deep Communication Is Vital
- At the end of the day, what we’re really talking about is being able to get to the place where you can have conversation. If one thing triggers you about your spouse, it’s hard to talk about anything else. What you’re triggered about is usually something that’s really, really important to you. So being able to communicate about it is vital to your sanity and to the health of your marriage.
- One of the things Garrett and Danielle used as a couple was alcohol to support them in that path. It opened up a space where they could have hard conversations and go deeper beyond surface conversation. Alcohol also created for them the opportunity to experience sexuality with each other even when they were arguing and fighting about a ton of other shit, which is a part of what kept them going.
Ask Yourself: What tools do you use that help you and your spouse have deeper conversations without setting off fireworks?
Point #2: When Alcohol Becomes a Problem
- After a certain amount of time, alcohol was no longer working for them. In recent weeks, Garrett had become less patient and quick to lose his temper with Danielle and their eldest daughter, causing him to make the decision to walk away from alcohol for the past 15 days from when this episode was recorded and going.
- Danielle: On Date Nights, drinking was like a treat and was fun for us. It allowed us to let go of the day and just relax. When it became like a dependency, I was thinking it might be becoming a problem. After work, I would come home and drink a glass of wine with dinner every night and think that’s totally normal, but then one glass would turn into two or three and I realized I didn’t really want to be that person drinking a glass of wine every night.
Ask Yourself: What habits have you taken on in your marriage that are no longer serving you? What would it take for you to make the decision to walk away from them?
Point #3: Dress the Part
- How you dress sends a non verbal message of energy towards your spouse every single day. Danielle: Date Night changed everything for Garrett. He was dressing in an old plaid shirt, but he didn’t feel sexy in it. When he started dressing up, he knew that he looked good and sexy, which translated into energy and confidence.
- Danielle: I’m a fan of dressing to feel on point. It just makes me feel better and I’m ready to go for the day. The days when I don’t take the time time to get ready, I just don’t feel great. What energy am I putting off? Like I don’t give a shit? Instead of putting on my mom outfit, I’m going to throw on some jeans and some cute shoes just to make me feel like I have put myself together for the day. I feel better doing it and I have a more productive day.
Ask Yourself: What changes are you willing to make to your wardrobe to reflect a sexier, more confident you?
Point #4: Straight Talk
- Garrett: There are a lot of women who don’t dress up except once a week on Date Night. I’m not telling you you have to dress up like a princess every single day, all day long. What I am telling you is this: How you dress impacts the energy of what your husband sees when he comes home. If he comes home to the frumpy sweat pant lulu lady in constant ponytails, let me tell you what’g going to happen: there’s going to be lack of attraction.
- Garrett: A vast majority of the married men that I have met are in worse shape than their wives. Men, your body did not go to shit show bringing babies into this world. This is like pushing a pumpkin out of your penis. You’re carrying bullshit weight and your wife’s not turned on about it either – not just because of your body, but because you don’t feel powerful about the way you look.
Ask Yourself: Take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself: Would I be turned on by my appearance?
Point #5: Let Me Hear Your Body Talk
- Garrett: Let’s pretend that your body is a witness of your commitment to your wife, that what you’ve done to your body and how it looks is currently communicating more to your wife about your commitment to your marriage than anything you’re trying to tell her.
- It’s not about six packs, bikini beach bodies or being super shredded. At the end of the day, you’ve got to be on point about the way you feel about your body, and inside of that you have to feel on point about how you package yourself. It’s all about the energy and what makes you feel confident.
Ask Yourself: How do you feel about your body?
What can you do in the way you currently presenting yourself to your partner physically and in the way you dress, that would start sending a message to them: Hey, I actually care about myself!
Send us some of your thoughts on why this show has been working for you, along with topics you might want to hear us discuss to: garrette@wakeupwarior .com
Date Night Topic:
Talk about what you can do inside of your marriage that would allow for you to actually be able to isolate and discuss one or two of your problems as a couple.
Quote of the Week:
“To all you men who let their bodies go and never have to carry the children: You haven’t had to get pregnant or carry the baby for nine months and then push a fucking baby out of your penis. You literally have no excuse. You want to get laid. You want to get connected, but what are you communicating to your wife when you come out of the shower with a towel on and your extra 30-40 pounds, your hairy back and chest? No matter what, your wife is not turned on by this. Your lights are getting turned down and there’s no show going on because you’re not actually showing that you give a shit.”
-Garrett J. White
“Ladies, if you’re in a good mood and your husband’s in a bad mood, don’t let him bring you down to that level. Understand it’s probably not even about you. Walk a little sexy, be flirty, go kiss his ear a little bit, smile, rub up against him, turn on your charm. Whatever they’re pissed about will go away – they just can’t help it!”
-Danielle K. White