In this week’s episode the BMS Team share their insights on what it means to bring power that helps and power that hinders success within the salon.
Inside the Big Money Stylist Podcast, we go over the following formula each month:
Week #1: Power
Week #2: Production
Week #3: Profit
Week #4: Protection
In this week’s episode of the Big Money Stylist Podcast, our Focus is POWER!
Point #1: Belief in Yourself Behind and in Front of the Chair
- Danielle: Having a niche, owning your niche and being good at your craft creates power. The belief you have about yourself has an impact on your ability to produce. When I began my career in a small, rural town in Arizona, I believed there was a cap on my earning potential until I had one of those light bulb moments that created a shift within me. When I gained my power and realized the power of marketing, my business began to explode.
- Coach Ani: Most stylists are stuck in the box of what they believe they can and can’t charge based on where they live and what everyone else is charging. It just takes one person finding their power and saying, “Fuck these rules, I’m not doing this! I’m going to make it up as I go because it doesn’t matter!” This leads the way for others to do the same
Ask Yourself: Do you currently have limiting beliefs surrounding your income limitations or capabilities? What are they?
Point #2: It’s an Inside Job
- Everything begins with a shift and story inside of you which oft times won’t happen until you’re mirroring back a new reality by individuals around you who show you what could be possible. This is exactly what the Big Money Stylist experience is and what the NBR tribe is all about. Valuing yourself by saying ‘no’ raises the bar and creates a powerful place within yourself and your business.
- Coach Ani shares her inspiring “sink or swim-no means yes” BMS journey and how she chose to make massive moves in her business, moves that first began taking place inside her own head. One by one, she began letting go of the stories: “You’re supposed to take on all the clients, offer all the services – you’re supposed to do everything! What are you thinking? You’re turning away money!”
Ask Yourself: Who do you believe yourself to be? Who must you become in order to be, do, and have what you want?
Point #3: The Toleration Game
- Your life and your business are a result of what you choose to tolerate. There’s a toleration game within how stylists and artists are treating themselves, what they have determined is the ‘right’ thing to do, what they have decided is the accepted modus operandi, and what is ‘artistically correct.’
- So many stylists get stuck in the sacrifice game in the name of making money. Your power is obtained by what you’re committed to and drained from what you tolerate. Your life cannot become more than you tolerate.
Ask Yourself: What are some ways you are stuck in the Sacrifice Game by playing the Toleration Game?
Point #4: Reversing the Frame
- The entire industry has been built to teach stylists to go to powerlessness. The highest form of dysfunction inside the game of being an artist is where you don’t listen to your own voice anymore – where the client begins dictating your direction.
- Coach Ani used to be at the beck and call of her clients until she reversed the frame and began seeing herself as the prize. She took control of who she allowed to sit in her chair by setting up an in depth application process, which garnered greater respect from her clients as well as creating a thriving business environment on her terms. The empowerment she felt and experienced in her business bled into all aspects of her personal life.
Ask Yourself: Where in your business will reversing the frame change the game for you?
Point #5: Create a Life That Actually Matters to You
- There are things you are tolerating that need to become intolerable to you. At the top of Coach Ani’s list of intolerable’s: tardiness and being on call for your clients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Finding your own power and letting go of bullshit results in turnarounds, breakthroughs, explosive business success, and peace & calm in artists’ lives. Create a game and creation inside your artistic place that not only pays you what you’re worth, but lets you enjoy your life outside of what you do in the business.
Ask Yourself: What are the top five things (behaviors, obstacles) you are tolerating inside your business – in front of and behind your chair – that if they became intolerable, your business would completely explode?
Quote of the Week:
“I would get to this place of burnout and say, ‘No, I don’t want to be there. I don’t want to do that!’ I love hair. I love being in the game, but I’m going to set my own rules and create my own path.”
— Danielle K. White
“I haven’t sacrificed shit, I’ve just let go of things that don’t work.”
— Anianne Rivera
Stay Tuned for Next Week’s Topic….PRODUCTION – Where the BMS Team will focus on how to turn the power of today in powerful results!